Executive Women International (EWI) offers two programs,EWISPandASIST, to help qualified applicants to address their academic goals. Each chapter conducts theirEWISPand/orASISTprograms and develops their own criteria regarding deadlines, limiting areas, schools and partner agencies. Applicants must first apply through the local chapter.
Executive Women International Scholarship Program (EWISP) encourages, motivates and assists high school seniors pursuing a business or professional career. All high school senior students in public, private and parochial schools with an intent to pursue a four-year degree in any business or professional field of studyare eligible to apply.
- Open to high school seniors
- Winner receives $1,000 each semester for one year
- Awarded in May of each year
- Scholarship funds applied to tuition and books
- Information packets sent to high school guidance counselors in Wichita and surrounding area
The Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) Scholarship is a non-discriminatory, educational scholarship program for the benefit of non-traditional students. These include persons who are past high school age and who are entering a college, university, trade school and/or the workforce for the first time; non-traditional students already enrolled in a college/university or trade program; are retraining due to changes in the workplace; or who otherwise are not the traditional college or trade school student, recently finished with high school.
The ASIST Scholarship Program helps provide financial support to adult students in a variety of transitional situations. The goal of the ASIST Program is to enable recipients to improve their self-esteem and to have a positive impact on the recipient’s personal life, employment, family and community.
- Open to adult students at transitional points in their lives
- Applicants may be single parents, individuals just entering the workforce or displaced workers
- Awarded in June of each year
- Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Must reside in Sedgwick or adjacent county